at SÜPRSEED (View all jobs)
Los Angeles, CA
SÜPRSEED is seeking an experienced, passionate, and talented Program Coordinator.
As a Program Coordinator at SÜPRSEED, you will bring our vision for a nourished community to life by employing a multifaceted outreach strategy and quantifying our impact. You will handle every aspect of executing our many programs, both on the ground and in the office. You will play a key role in shaping the success and expansion of a celebrated (anticipated, exciting) startup nonprofit and engineering smooth operations from scratch.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to take the lead and build programs from the bottom up. You will get exposure across all levels of management, across all functional areas, and with donors, strategic partners, board members, and make history in the process.
You will work with the executive director to create and carry out health and wellness related objectives. Developing, producing, budgeting, implementing, and evaluating our public programs are your responsibilities. You will oversee, develop, and implement guidelines and policies to keep us compliant with government/ funder regulations and maintain our alignment with our mission. You monitor the effectiveness of our programs, making adjustments as needed.
The Program Coordinator must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The Program Coordinator will have the ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and handle confidential matters with discretion.
Human resource duties, such as the recruitment and training of employees, also fall under your care, and you effectively and efficiently handle division of labor. You carry all this out in cooperation with the executive director and program assistant.
Because your role and those of your staff are contingent upon a fully funded budget, you work in tandem with the Executive Director to secure funds, donations and grants to meet the budgetary requirements of each department. You are comfortable managing an $800k+ annual budget. A strong fundraiser, you develop and maintain key donor and grantor relationships. You attend community events to build and maintain positive relationships.
Requirements for the role:
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in both program and team management. Apply for this position if:
- The idea of abolishing food apartheid in America in your lifetime seems exciting and within reach.
- You work hard and smart and you are a fast learner
- You are a problem solver that is highly curious.
- You have a firm grasp on numbers and statistics
- You are always aiming to improve.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You can plan and execute a project
- You can track and document a project
- You can write a successful grant
- You can create a compelling pitch, presentation, and proposal
- You can organize and mobilize in kind service support
- You not only understand data, but what data means to the team. You put data in context and drive insights that really matter.
- You have the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities
- You have strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills.
(The key word here is “preferred” — there are definitely amazing people who represent exceptional exceptions to these preferences.)
- Bachelor’s and/or Masters degree in relevant discipline (Statistics, Non-profit Management, Sustainability, other relevant programs) and/or MBA
- 2+ years experience in a management or similar role
- Experience in government grant reporting is a plus
- Versed in historical movements, food justice, and historic injustice against Africans in America.
Benefits & Perks
- Taking a huge bite out of oppression & giving away free fresh food.
- Salary: DOE
- Yearly wellness allowance available for massages, therapy, acupuncture, doctors, retreats, etc.
- SÜPRMARKT Meal & Grocery Allowance
- Access to free fitness and wellness classes provided by SÜPRSEED
Our mission is to eradicate health injustice, starting in LA. SÜPRSEED, Inc. provides affordable access to healthy food in low-income communities, supports an increased sense of personal health and well-being through events and experiences, and educates the public about healthy eating habits and wellness practices. As a vegan organization, SÜPRSEED, Inc. does not promote or provide animal products such as meat, dairy, eggs or cruelty based programming.
Founded in 2017, SÜPRSEED has endeavored to make healthy living easier for thousands of Angelenos with documentary screenings, giveaways, and donated organics. More than 100,000 pounds of organics have been provided since we started. Our work has received national recognition from the LA Times, Harper’s Bazaar, Complex, SXSW, USA Today, Forbes, and more. We intend to eradicate food deserts in America’s major cities by 2040.