SÜPRSEED is looking for “The One,” a next-level assistant with the creativity, dependability, and drive to succeed. This position will immerse one successful applicant in the wellness/ food scene and is great for someone looking to grow with our organization over the next few years.
On a basic level, our Executive Assistant responds to general inquiries relating to press, funding, produce donations, collaborations, etc. and directs them to the appropriate parties. Scheduling meetings, running errands, and supporting our staff with the things they need, are all in a day’s work.
On an advanced level, this person provides a wide variety of support functions to executives. Event planning (e.g. offsites, workshops, conferences, internal team events, etc.), heavy calendar coordination, travel arrangements, and expense management are all part of this role. The executive assistant skillfully handles any task which saves Executives time.
The ideal candidate shows an ever present ability to excel. They understand what needs to be done next and schedule themselves. They demonstrate a versatile ability to multitask in a fast-paced, growing start up. Said candidate wields autonomy over assignments and supports the founder with key tasks, while creating structure amidst strain. A people person, they are great with teams, patient, and maintain an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding role that needs someone with good judgment, great communication, incredible time management, and the ability to implement effective systems.
Our new executive assistant also has a passion for supporting their community, and is invested in making great food accessible to all. Ideally, our new hire will have experience serving as “the glue” of an organization, performing simple and advanced tasks which enable our organization’s growth.
Requirements for the role
In order to be successful in this role, you will need prior experience in a similar role. Apply for this position if:
- You are organized and know how to create order out of chaos
- You are a learner and researcher, and resourceful
- You know how to make a way out of no way
- You work hard and smart
- You are a self starter that takes initiative
- You have a sense of humor
- You have excellent spelling, verbal, and written communication and inter-personal skills
- You have a high standard of work and welcome constructive feedback
- You have mastered time management and can balance office work with errands
- You handle sensitive information discreetly.
- You can coordinate collaborations with brands and individuals
- You can create compelling presentations, proposals, and case studies
- You are curious enough about this field to point out misalignments or question prioritization
- You can set/create limits for the team and push back when requests are unrealistic
- You have a clear ability to keep others on schedule and focused.
- You have a proven ability to increase an organization’s productivity
- You have an unmatched knack for follow up/follow through and execution
- You have a strong ability to initiate and complete projects
- You have strong administrative, and organizational skills.
(The key word here is “preferred” — there are definitely amazing people who represent exceptional exceptions to these preferences.)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (Sustainability, Writing, Media, other relevant programs)
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Strong experience in partnerships and communications is a plus
- Experience in social media management + growth is a plus
- Experience hiring freelancers for small jobs on Fiverr is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Creating work that changes lives.
- Yearly wellness allowance available for massages, therapy, acupuncture, doctors, retreats, etc.
- SÜPRMARKT Meal & Grocery Allowance
- Access to free fitness and wellness classes provided by SÜPRSEED
Our mission is to eradicate health injustice, starting in LA. SÜPRSEED, Inc. provides affordable access to healthy food in low-income communities, supports an increased sense of personal health and well-being through events and experiences, and educates the public about healthy eating habits and wellness practices. As a vegan organization, SÜPRSEED, Inc. does not promote or provide animal products such as meat, dairy, eggs or cruelty based programming.
Founded in 2017, SÜPRSEED has endeavored to make healthy living easier for thousands of Angelenos with documentary screenings, giveaways, and donated organics. More than 100,000 pounds of organics have been provided since we started. Our work has received national recognition from the LA Times, Harper’s Bazaar, Complex, SXSW, USA Today, Forbes, and more. We intend to eradicate food deserts in America’s major cities by 2040.